8.23.2012

Addicted to Ranch: A healthier homemade ranch dressing recipe

I'm a sucker for sauces. Salad dressing, dipping sauce, tapenades, you name it. I have been known to lick the masala sauce off the plate at Indian restaurants. That said, all these extra condiments can cost a lot of money. Store-bought sauces and dressings also contain a bunch of junk. Have you ever read the label of your favorite ranch dressing? Have you counted the number of ingredients in your barbeque sauce? I did, and I got discouraged. That's when my hubby urged me to start making my own. We discovered this recipe delectable Cilantro-Lime Dressing, which I make weekly. We use this one on tacos, salads, poured generously over steaks. I also started working on my own "healthier" version of ranch without all the MSG and other yucky additives. If you want to cut down the fat content, use yogurt in place of the mayo. We just loved the extra creaminess it adds. My Giada ate half a zucchini by herself yesterday because she was so excited about dippin'. She's her mother's daughter.


Healthified Ranch Dressing

Ingredients:

-1 cup plain or Greek yogurt
-1 cup mayonnaise (Love Trader Joe's brand)
-1/2 teaspoon crushed fresh garlic
-1 teaspoon dried oregano
-1 teaspoon dried basil
-1/2 teaspoon dill
-1/2 teaspoon paprika
-1/2 cup almond milk or raw milk

1. Combine all ingredients in a mason jar.
2. Shake and then stir until smooth.
3. Serve with your fave salad, veggie sticks or with pizza.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...