3.09.2008

Recipe of the Week: Strawberry Mint Lemonade


I love fresh-squeezed lemonade. Once you've had the real stuff you can't go back to the mix. Of course, there's an advantage to living in the Central Valley where citrus is plentiful and usually inexpensive. My favorite lemons for fresh lemonade are meyer lemons, which tend to be smaller with an orange tinge and a sweeter taste. However, the classic lemons (which I usually get in abundance from neighbors and friends) will work just fine. My parents bought me a fancy juicer to save my wrists, but you can always put your kids to work with the plastic hand juicer.

2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup mint leaves
1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries (could substitute raspberries or blueberries)
1 cup raw honey
6 cups water

1. Throw it all in the blender (except the water). Give it a whirl.
2. Pour into serving pitcher. Add water and ice. Taste and add more water if you like.
3. Serve with sprigs of fresh mint. (Make it fancy and freeze mint leaves into ice trays for mint cubes.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...