Recipe of the Week: Italian Chicken with Strawberry Balsamic Salsa
Ok, friends, we've heard you loud and clear. Strawberries are your favorite produce of the season. We are starting our strawberry recipe collection right here at Health-full because we happen to LIVE FOR fresh California strawberries as well. The following grilled chicken recipe is a great one for early strawberries that haven't quite reached the prime sweetness. You can also substitute grilled fish for the chicken if you like. Try mahi mahi or even salmon and get in that extra dose of omega-3s.
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon chives
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
3-4 boneless chicken breasts
1. Assemble marinade. Coat chicken breasts.
2. Refrigerate approximately 30 minutes.
3. Set aside and make salsa.
3 tablespoons red onion, minced
2 cups strawberries, sliced
2 tablespoons wine (I used chardonnay.)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon chives, chopped
1 teaspoon mint, chopped
1. Chop ingredients and combine.
2. Refrigerate salsa until needed.
3. Grill chicken breasts. Grill approximately 5 minutes at a time on each side for about 15 minutes.
4. Top with cold salsa and serve.
Side Dish Suggestions: Grilled asparagus, cooked quinoa