Below is our newest recipe for Persimmon Cookies with a new twist. The white chocolate chunks and dried cranberries give these cookies added depth. We picked up the white chocolate chunks at Whole Foods. Of course, you can put chocolate chips of any kind in this recipe. They are wonderful served with a cup of hot cocoa or tea. Check out these other persimmon recipes, or feel free to share your own uses for the persimmon. We have an abundance this week!
White Chocolate Persimmon Cookies
1/2 cup butter, organic softened
3/4 cup honey or 2/3 cup organic brown sugar
2 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or other flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup persimmon pulp (2-3 soft & peeled)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup white chocolate chunks
1. Cream together butter & honey/brown sugar.
2. Beat in egg.
3. Sift dry ingredients and add to butter mixture.
4. Stir in nuts, cranberries and white chocolate chunks.
5. Lightly grease cookie sheet and drop tablespoons full onto sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes until golden brown on top.