Here's a great cookie for a car snack or a hike that incorporates loads of healthful ingredients. The taste is almost like banana bread meets a chewy oatmeal cookie.
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar or raw organic sugar
1/2 cup organic butter
1 ripe banana
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
3 teaspoons organic cocoa powder
1/2 cup raisins, craisins or dried apricots
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend butter and sugar. Add egg and mashed banana.
2. Add flour, coconut, oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, flaxseed and cocoa powder. Blend.
3. Stir in raisins, nuts and chocolate chips.
4. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake approximately 12 minutes.