I had the chance to speak last night at the Supermoms group at Northwest church in Fresno. We talked about "8 baby steps to Healthy Living." (Click the link to the talk if you want the outline, girls.) I know some of the mamas said they hadn't really read blogs before so I thought I'd give a quick primer so you all can find what you're looking for quicker.
1. Blogs read with most recent entries first. An archive on the right hand side can give you a heads up on various topics I've written on recently.
2. If you look under the heading "What's Cookin?" at the right sidebar, you will also find a topical list so if you're looking for something like "Healthy snacks for kids," which one of you asked about or "Breakfast ideas," you can find all the entries there about that topic.
3. Wondering what to cook this week? Check out the "Menu Planner" topic for months-worth of menu ideas. I usually post these on the weekends for the week to come. These are simply the meals our family will be eating. I'm always willing to share recipes if they are not already linked. Also, I always try to pick at least one crockpot or one-dish easy meal, one vegetarian meal and one meal for a crowd to help out the diverse families reading. I always use fresh, local produce that's in season and look for recipes that showcase these ingredients.
4. "Journey notes" are another topical feature my husband and I write about our journey. You can read our first entry about how we started this healthy living journey and subsequent updates. Here's another great place for you to leave your thoughts.
5. Also, please do not forget to leave comments. I love feedback on recipes you love or recipes that didn't work out the way you hoped. One day I dream of turning this blog into a cookbook so the more feedback we get, the better.
Any questions? Feel free to leave a comment here and we will try to help you navigate this wild blogging world.
for the Gilmores