Recipe of the Week: Chocolate-Banana Muffins
We just created this healthy muffin recipe that also fulfills that *need* for chocolate. Eat them for breakfast or any old time for a snack. Bon Appetito!
-2 eggs, beaten
-3/4 cup milk
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-2 ripe bananas, smashed
-2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup evaporated cane juice
-1/2 cup dark chocolate, melted
Garnishes: unsweetened coconut, chocolate chips, chopped nuts
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the wet ingredients together: eggs, milk, bananas.
2. Add the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt, evaporated cane juice.
3. Melt the chocolate and add to the mixture.
4. Grease muffin pans or add paper liners. Fill each cup halfway with batter.
5. Sprinkle with nuts, coconut or chocolate chips if desired. Bake approximately 15 minutes.