8-10 large tomatillos, husked & rinsed
3 large anaheim peppers
1/2 onion, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon honey or evaporated cane juice
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
1 bunch swiss chard or fresh spinach, chopped
2 tablespoons organic butter
1/2 onion, chopped
1-8 oz. package organic cream cheese
2 tablespoons raw milk
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 filets mahi mahi (approx. 2 cups chopped or 1.5 lbs.)
1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or monterey jack)
1 dozen whole wheat tortillas
1 can sliced black olives
1. Cover baking sheet with foil. Roast anaheim peppers on baking sheet at 450 degrees for 15 minutes until skins are charred. (Turn over halfway through so both sides are blackened.) Remove from oven and fold tin foil over and seal edges to form an envelope. This steams the peppers and loosens the skin. Set aside.
2. Boil tomatillos in water for approximately 8 minutes or until tender. Drain water. Add tomatillos to blender or food processor.
3. Add cilantro, garlic, chicken broth, honey/sugar, black pepper and sour cream to blender.
4. Open tin foil and peel off skin of peppers. (Note: I cover my hands in plastic bags to avoid touching the actual chile pepper. This prevents the spicy juices from getting into your skin.) Add peppers to blender.
5. Blend sauce and transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Set aside.
6. Meanwhile, sprinkle fish filets with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
7. Wrap tortillas tightly in foil in groups of 4-6. Heat in oven with fish.
8. For fillings, cook onion in butter until tender. Add chard or spinach until sauteed. Stir in cream cheese, milk and cumin. Flake fish and add to mixture.
9. Spoon about 1/4 cup of filling onto tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pyrex or casserole dish. Top with sauce and cheese. Sprinkle black olives on top.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven and serve.